AMG wedge shape seals, low-pressure in concrete pipes and concrete chimney provides excellent sealing.
Seal design and function
AMG wedge shape seals are used to provide sealing in the connections of concrete pipes. Gasket is compressed when getting in touch with the socket part, both inside and outside water leak will be prevented.
When the gasket meets with the bell part of the concrete pipe, it gets jammed, and it cuts water leaks that may come from both inside and outside.
With the special design of the seal;
• Easy Installation,
• Excellent sealing of the pressure generated inside and outside the pipe,
• Several cross-sectional dimensions of different spaces with easy cover,
• The wedge-shaped sealing structure, it is advantageous in centering,
• SBR or EPDM Rubber
• Shore A hardness of 40 ± 5
• According to EN 681-1
• High resistance to ozone
To make the correct choice of seal; roughly 1.5 times the distance between the tube and the socket should be provided. For example, if there is a distance of 14 mm between the first tube and the socket; 14x1,5 = 21 mm thick gasket should be used.
For example, if there is a distance of 14 mm between 1 pipe and muf; 14 × 1.5 = 21 mm wall thickness gaskets should be used.
1. Seal as it appears being stretched and placed on the male part. A silicone-based lubricant is applied on the gasket.
2. The centered seal is being compressed with the female part of the other pipes, the gasket provides sealing.